Releasing the past in order to find myself

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Changing Winds

I've had a shit day.  NSis started gearing up for me a few weeks ago and exploded on me today in  mix of crazy-making, intimidation, abuse, and anger.  Full on narc rage.  But that is a post for another day, as I need to let it go for a bit before I write about it.

I found this article today.  Here is the link.  Below I've included a link to an the article I first found, and one woman's take on this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2303588/The-mother-says-having-children-biggest-regret-life.html

However, I stumbled upon this article.  I really don't need to explain my feelings on this woman.  I'm sure you can imagine and have a similar feeling.  Partially, I'm glad she is saying what she is saying.  Maybe this "truths" we hold about mothers will finally start to clear up in society.  I'm sad for her kids.   She says several times that she is "certain" her kids "felt loved."  But you don't know?  Didn't you ask them?  You ticked the boxes, lady.  You did what you felt obligated to do.  Your kids ran to there father for love and support.  You didn't love them, you did what you thought you should (um, good for you?).  Anyway, her dribble is so typical of narc mommies (and I'm not saying she is a narc mommy, but I imagine many of them feel the way she does) that I wanted to share it with others.   It paints a very, vivid picture of what we are dealing with.

My "favorite" line she wrote was "I missed the dog before it even occurred to me that I'd left Stuart outside the shop."  Awesome lady.  Just awesome.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/mother-declares-her-children-biggest-regret-her-life-153000908.html


I might add, I just remembered something I read on a blog once (I believe as a comment, if anyone knows remembers who to attribute it to, I'd appreciate it).  This person said something to the effect of "orphanages feed, clothe, and "care" for the needs of kids too.  But an orphanage is no more a parent than these people are."

3 comments:

  1. What did you think of the way they dressed her for the photos in the article? I felt like it wasn't her at all. The style was completely different from the photos of her in real life. Also I though that the daughter developing MS was telling. MS is a neurological disease, no guesses needed as to where the connection is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Quite simply, I had always hated the idea of motherhood. In that instant, any lingering hope that becoming a mum would cure me of my antipathy was dispelled."

    then why did she? I am guessing the fact she has a head like a boil and had to take whatever she could get might have had something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother told me she didn't bond with me and that she wished she never met my dad. She wanted children, just not me (she didn't come out and say that part, it's just obvious.) I quit talking to her after that and from what I hear she is just fine. It broke my heart to read that article. I'm not sure I would want anything to do with a mother like that.

    ReplyDelete